What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer via web pages. Are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among others, they allow a page web store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can use to recognize the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on who the entity that manages the domain from where cookies are sent and treats the data obtained can be distinguished two types:
• Own cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
• Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the publisher, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through cookies.
In the case of that cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the own editor but the information that is collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies.
There is also a second classification according to the period of time that they remain stored in the client’s browser, which may be:
• Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses to a web page. They are often used to store information that only It is interesting to keep for the provision of the service requested by the user in only one occasion.
• Persistent cookies: the data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, and that can range from a few minutes to several years.
By last, There is another classification with five types of cookies according to the purpose for the that the data obtained is processed:
• cookies techniques: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist in it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identify the session, access access parts restricted, remember the elements that make up an order, carry out the process purchase of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements while browsing, store content for broadcasting videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
• Cookies from personalization: allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as language, type browser through which you access the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
• Cookies from analysis: allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze of the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and to the preparation of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data made by users of the service.
• Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising space.
• Cookies from behavioral advertising: store information on the behavior of users obtained through continuous observation of their habits navigation, allowing you to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Deactivation and elimination of cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the available services may stop be operational.
The way of disabling cookies is different for each browser, but normally it can be done from the Tools or Options menu. It can also be consulted the Help menu of the browser where you can find instructions. The user You can at any time choose which cookies you want to work on this website.
Can you allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computer by configuration of the browser options installed on your computer:
Also, You can also manage the cookie store in your browser through tools like the following
Cookies used in www.oppidumtic.es
Then, the cookies that are being used in this portal are identified as well as its typology and function:
Acceptance of the Cookies Policy
Before this information it is possible to carry out the following actions:
• To accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any portal page during this session.
• Cerrar. The notice is hidden on this page.